Thursday, May 10, 2007

Cup-A-Phone


In this experiment(cup-a-phone) I partnered with Arvid. We drilled a hole witha compass under 2 cups. Then we forced a long piece of string through the cup and tie a knot. Then we ad to do same thing with the other cup.

When we were about to go outside, I spoted a knot, but the knot wasn't tight. When I wanted to untie the knot, Arvid dashed around and tangled it. Then it took me five minutes to untie the knot. I had to be a thinker because I needed to think to untagle the tangle.

Finnaly, I had finished, now all we needed to do was just go outside and hear. When we got outside I could't hear a single word. Then I realized that the string was loose, and I thought, if the string is loose my sound will be not be heard properly. So we thightened the string. Suddenly I could hear Arvid's voice. It was a success! I was knoledgeable because I needed to think about how I can hear Arvid's voice.

I learned that we had to make the string straight becase our sound wave(sound) travels through the string.

1 comment: